Home economics classes have seriously evolved over the years since they first became a common part of the high school curriculum.
By the time I was a senior, pretty much all of the lessons below would have been laughed out of the classroom. Sure, we had classes that taught us the basics of sewing and even some family planning. That said, I can definitely say I was never taught anything like the seriously questionable budgeting “tip” in #6. In fact, I’m pretty sure most of my teachers would have advised the exact opposite!
But back in 1964, most of these lessons from the Senior High School Curriculum Guide for Home Economics were seen as totally normal.
Take a look to see if you remember studying up on any of these lessons back in the day.
And don’t forget to SHARE the blast from the past with all your friends on Facebook who remember taking home economics in high school!
1. Wash Dishes With One Hand
2. You Can’t Be Pretty With Bad Posture
3. Your Room Is Her “Private World”
4. All Parties Should Have A Theme
5. Never Serve A Meal On An Ugly Table
6. New Clothing Is Even More Important Than Food
7. Judge Others By The Friends They Keep
8. Keep Your Home Life In Mind When Deciding On A Career
9. There’s More To Meat Than Meets The Eye
10. Engagements Don’t Always End Up In Marriage
11. Teach Your Children To Control Their Emotions
Please SHARE this with your family and friends.