Home economics classes have actually seriously progressed throughout the years considering that they initially ended up being a typical part of the high school curriculum.
By the time I was a senior, basically, all the lessons listed below would have been chuckled from the class. Sure, we had classes that taught us the essentials of sewing as well as some household preparation. That stated I can absolutely say I was never ever taught anything like the seriously doubtful budgeting “idea” in # 6. In truth, I’m quite sure the majority of my instructors would have recommended the opposite.
However back in 1964, the majority of these lessons from the Senior High School Curriculum Guide for Home Economics were viewed as completely typical.
Have a look to see if you remember studying up on any of these lessons in the past.
And remember to SHARE the blast from the past with all your buddies on Facebook who remember taking home economics in high school!
1. Wash Dishes With One Hand
2. You Can’t Be Pretty With Bad Posture
3. Your Room Is Her “Private World”
4. All Parties Should Have A Theme
5. Never Serve A Meal On An Ugly Table
6. New Clothing Is Even More Important Than Food
7. Judge Others By The Friends They Keep
8. Keep Your Home Life In Mind When Deciding On A Career
9. There’s More To Meat Than Meets The Eye
10. Engagements Don’t Always End Up In Marriage
11. Teach Your Children To Control Their Emotions
Please SHARE this with your family and friends.