Parenting hacks on the Internet are so useful and helpful for any child-rearing individual. The painless remedy for scrapes and bruises is especially trending for parents with very active children.
One genius mom shared how to remove splinters quickly and painlessly.
Making Use of What You Have
Claire Bullen-Jones and her husband, Chris, have developed a new way to remove children’s splinter without the need for tweezers. She shared their hack on Facebook, and parents everywhere are praising them for such ingenious idea.
It is effortless to do with just a few simple steps:
- Use any medicine kit syringe, such as Calpol or Ibuprofen.
- Cut off the tapered tip, so there is a small hole at the end of the barrel.
- Make sure the syringe is clean.
- Pull the plunger a little bit, so that there is a small gap between the hole and the rubber seal.
- Put the hole over the splinter. Make sure the syringe is touching the skin.
- Pull the plunger quickly!
And there you have it! Because the plastic barrel is clear, you can easily check if you succeed in removing the splinter. For more stubborn pieces, Claire advised repeating steps 4–6 a couple of times until everything is removed.
No More Traumas
Claire and Chris started using this method after their daughters developed traumas with tweezers. Their children are much happier with the syringe method because it doesn’t cause sore skin.
Parents on Facebook are quick to like and share Claire’s smart idea. Many have commented that they’ll definitely try this method. And even if you are not a parent, parenting hacks like this can be handy in your daily life.